Lenoir-Rhyne is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. We are an institution of the North Carolina Synod of the Evan
- Founded in 1891 by four Lutheran pastors
- Three locations: Hickory, N.C.; Asheville, N.C.; Columbia, S.C.
- Motto: Veritas vos Liberabit (the truth shall set you free)
- Alma mater: “Fair Star of Caroline”
- Mission, vision and values
- 2,686+ students
- 1,783 undergraduate (on-campus in Hickory, N.C.)
- 903 graduate (on-campus and online)
- Student distribution: 40 states/territories; 77 North Carolina counties; 31 countries
- $30+ million awarded in scholarships and financial aid annually
- $100,000+ in study abroad scholarships for LR students
- 17,643+ living alumni (undergraduate and graduate degree holders) from all 50 states and many countries around the globe
Lenoir-Rhyne has a number of engaged and challenging programs that can lead you down the path to a fulfilling career.
In the Classroom
- Majors Offered: 50
- Minors: 53
- Graduate Programs: 20
- Student-to-faculty ratio 13:1
- Average class size: 22
- Faculty: 140 full time; 81% hold terminal degrees
LR's passionate fan base supports a number of championship-caliber intercollegiate athletic programs that compete as a member of the NCAA and South Atlantic Conference.
- Mascot: Joe Bear
- Conferences: South Atlantic Conference
- Affiliation: NCAA Division II
- Teams: 23
LR has supported my goal of earning a degree by providing resources to help with career development. My professors provide resources in and out of class to help me reach my class objectives.